Best Beard Care Kits 2021
Most men have some form of grooming kit – even if it’s not an official one. They’ll have a bag that they keep their toothbrush, clippers, comb, deodorant, etc in – something that they can take with them when they go on long trips, and that serves as a convenient carry-bag for their gear, as well as looking good and being handy for keeping things organized at home.
A beard grooming kit is just a nice extension of that – something that you can use to keep all of your tools for beard grooming in so that they don’t get lost, dirty or damaged. You can build your own beard grooming kit, or you can buy one that’s pre-made. There are a lot of benefits to buying a pre-made kit – starting with the fact that you’ll usually save money doing so.
Tips For Choosing A Great Kit
A good beard grooming kit needs to contain everything that you would want to use – shampoo, oil, combs, and brushes, etc. There are a few things that you should think about before you buy a kit:
1) The ingredients: If your skin is sensitive, then you will want to get a set of oils and shampoos that contain only natural ingredients.
2) It’s important that you buy a kit that has top quality brushes and tangle-free combs. It doesn’t matter how good the beard oil is. If your beard gets tangled up, then it’s a brush or a good comb (ideally both) that will get rid of them. A cheap brush can make grooming a painful and frustrating process.
3) Every beard grooming kit should include balms and moisturizers. Just because you can’t see the skin below your beard, it doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t take good care of it!
4) Before you spend a lot of money on a kit, try to find out what it smells like. Sample a few products at bricks and mortar stores, then buy a full kit online once you’ve found a range that you like.
5) Make sure that your kit includes shampoo for cleaning your beard. You can use normal shampoo, but beard shampoo is specially formulated for thicker facial hair.
Top Beard Grooming Kits
Here are a few of our picks for the best beard grooming kits:
Seven Potions launched in 2014 and has rapidly risen to popularity. The beard grooming set contains shampoo, oil, and a beard brush. The kit features full-sized versions of each product, not the miniatures that you’ll see in a lot of kits. The oil Beard Oil contains sweet almond, jojoba oil, apricot kernel and vitamin E. The shampoo has a lovely woody, masculine scent, and it helps to moisturize your skin while reducing dandruff. The brush helps to complete the kit and is made from 100% boar bristles, with a body made from pear wood.
- Natural ingredients
- Full-size containers
- Well presented, making a great gift
- The oil is a little mild so you may need to use a lot if you have a coarse beard
A gift for any of the men in your life.
This grooming kit comes with full-sized everything, just like the Seven Potions kit. You get shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and oil. In fact, you don’t just get ONE shampoo, you get two. The Wild Berry Ultra Shampoo and the Cantaloupe version. Each of these shampoos is specially formulated to care for mustaches and beards. The conditioner acts like a great moisturizer, and the lotion has a cooling scent. The oil is designed to be used every day to help keep unruly beards manageable.
- Features two shampoos with different scents, for any occasion
- Generous, full-sized bottles
- Great smelling lotion
- You will need to buy a separate brush and/or comb
Those who want to spend a little more and pamper themselves.
This comprehensive kit comes with a boar bristle brush, a shampoo, conditioner and beard oil – all of which come in a burlap sack. The shampoo is perfect for people with dandruff and sensitive skin, and it contains green tea and a tree-based substance called Dragon’s Blood, which sounds particularly manly. The shampoo is strong enough to clean your beard without stripping away your skin’s natural oils. The conditioner protects you from split ends, and the oil helps to make your beard look full and healthy while remaining manageable.
- An affordable, fully featured kit.
- A nice selection of scents.
- Very effective oil
- The burlap bag may not appeal to everyone
- No brush included
Those who want a quality kit at an affordable price.
This kit includes full-size bottles of oil, balm, and wash, as well as a metal comb which does double duty as a bottle opener, and a pair of stainless steel grooming scissors. It’s a complete beard care kit, and it’s packaged in a canvas travel bag.
- Organic ingredients
- A great travel bag
- The comb is a nice touch, but there are better options on the market
This kit makes a great gift for a road warrior with a beard.
This is a truly classy kit with a luxurious feel to it. The kit is packed in a wooden cigar box, and it includes organic body soap, beard balm, and beard shampoo as well as a wooden comb. The ingredients are hypoallergenic and free from artificial fragrances.
- Natural ingredients
- Hand-crafted for a personal touch
- Amazing presentation
- More expensive than some other kits
This is a classy kit that you could give as a gift with pride
Mountaineer’s beard care kit is a truly masculine, quality gift. It comes with an oval beard brush, oil, blam and a wash, in a burlap bag. Everything about the kit is 100% natural, and the products have an earthy, natural but understated scent.
- All-natural ingredients
- The wash and oil routinely get rave reviews
- The military-style brush lets the kit down
A bargain kit for those who like the outdoor lifestyle
This is a great kit for guys with a sense of humor. It features two small, differently scented bottles of beard oil, some beard soap and an innovative switchblade beard come. The oil smells great and the comb is well made. The soap works well and helps stop your beard getting frizzy.
- Good moisturizer
- No balm
This is a low-cost kit that contains all the basics and feels like a treat.
This kit features a wooden brush and comb, beard oil, and wax, all in a handy travel sack. The oil and wax are made from all-natural ingredients that will help to keep your skin and hair looking stunning, and the brush is well-made too.
- Good for beards of any length
- One of the better styling combs
- No shampoo or beard wash included
This makes a great gift for a mentor in your life.
This kit is the ultimate in ‘keep it simple’ – it contains everything you need, in a simple Ziploc bag. Indeed, their all-over wash is intended for use on your body, face, and beard.
- Nice scent
- No specialist beard shampoo
A busy road warrior who doesn’t want to carry extra products
Craft Beard’s grooming kit includes oil, a grooming comb and a pair of scissors. The oils are based on the beers that the company produces, and the kit comes in a nice presentation box.
- Oils inspired by craft-beer
- Professional grade scissors
- No shampoo or wash
Anyone who loves craft beer will appreciate this.
Grab the best option from Beardcareshop.com and make your beard soft, silky and manageable!