Cordless vs Corded Beard Trimmer – Which is Better for You?
Beard trimmers are an essential utility tool to anyone growing and styling their facial hair. As their name implies the difference between both of these types of devices is in the way they draw power to work.
Depending on your lifestyle and your needs you can opt for either one based on your budget and your needs. You might be surprised but the best beard trimmers are equal in performance whether they are cordless or not. The main distinction is the battery autonomy of the cordless model and most of the current cordless beard trimmers come with a long lasting inbuilt battery. Corded trimmers do not have this issue and are better suited for longer trimming sessions. Let’s go into detail of their main advantages and some of the disadvantages.
What is the right kind of beard trimmer for my needs?
The answer to this question depends on what your basic habits include when you are caring for your beard. If you simply want to trim your facial hair in the shortest amount of time and just put your trimmer away, then consider using any type of corded trimmers.
Basic corded models are more versatile since they can be used for longer periods of time if you need some more detailing and style change for your beard. You do not need to worry about the battery charge and they are ready for use as soon as you plug them into the nearest power outlet.
What is not so good about their cord is that it will often get in your way and limit your movement range in some instances. The cord can annoy you at times, especially when you need extra fine movements to get your beard style just right. Probably the most obvious negative aspect of using corded beard trimmers is the fact that you are limited and forced to use them only where the power outlet is located.
On the other hand, using cordless beard trimmers offers more freedom of movement and of course there is the portability too. You can pack your handy trimmer and take it with you anywhere you want and use it on any occasion. This is great for everyone who likes to take their trimmer with them and use them outdoors or any place where the access to power may be limited. When you use up the battery you just need to connect it to the charger and you are all set to go. However, it does bring up concerns and issues sometimes when you forget to charge it. It can be frustrating when you are in a hurry and need to wait for it to recharge.
As you can see both corded and cordless beard trimmers have their pros and cons and each offer something over the other. The functionality is practically the same so picking up the best one for you will simply be a matter of personal choice.
5 Reasons Beard Trimmers are Becoming Men’s New Best Friend
Beards are back and more men worldwide are grooming their fabulous facial hair and finding so many new ways to shape their style. Beards come in all shapes and sizes but it takes plenty of care and effort to keep your facial hair looking good and healthy. This is all in part thanks to the use of the handy beard trimmer. It is incredible what a bit of imagination and creativity can do. There are some really impressive beard styles can all be done using only careful and precise trimming.
So, let’s go through some reasons why beard trimmers are in fact essential tool in any modern man’s drawer.
- They are essential for keeping facial hair size and shape in check. No one appreciates scruffy and weird looking beard. As with all things, it needs to be tended and cared for too. And besides – you will never have to go to the barber shop ever again. You will be able to shape and trim your beard just the way you like it and save money you would spend at the salons. The best thing about all types of trimmers is that you can adjust them and trim hairs length to your liking. Unlike conventional trimming tools, they are easy to use and are much safer. There are durable and long lasting.
- There is no skin irritation when using beard trimmers. Another important advantage of trimmers is that they are great for men with sensitive skin. There is absolutely no skin inflammation nor any sort of discomfort when using them regularly.
- They can be used to trim hair all around the body too. They are not limited to use on just your facial hair. You can use them to trim any excess hair on your body and this makes beard trimmers multipurpose devices. Whether you have underarm or chest hair that needs trimming you already got the perfect tool for that too.
- Portability is another great feature of all trimmers. They are compact and easy to fit in any type of carry bag so you can easily take them with you. If you own a cordless beard trimmer you have the advantage of being able to use them wherever you are. Great for that last-minute beard trimming on the go.
- Beard trimmers are safer than regular shaving razors. This is another important pro when you are using trimmers. There is no way that you can cut or hurt yourself when you are using them. There is a blade guard on every trimmer which is there to prevent any possibility of an unforeseen shaving accident. All you need to focus on is trimming and shaping your facial hair. The trimmer will simply glide over your face with ease.
While most men still use conventional ways of shaving there is so much more that beard trimmers have to offer. Their convenience and affordable price make them an essential part of any modern man’s life.